IsoMetrix’s sister company NOSA is certified to carry out environmental swabs and tests for COVID-19, helping employers create a clean and safe environment for employees and customers.
As employers prepare to welcome their workforces back to work, concerns about surface and environmental contamination will be top of mind. Businesses across every industry sector are seeking peace of mind in terms of compliance, occupational health and safety, and their social responsibility towards employees and customers.
IsoMetrix’s sister company, South African based NOSA Testing Laboratories, an ISO17025 accredited laboratory facility, can help. NOSA’s labs are now able to carry out surface and environmental sampling for the detection of the Coronavirus S gene specific to COVID-19, in accordance with the World Health Organization (WHO) protocol for health care and public health.
NOSA can support businesses to detect the presence of COVID-19 by means of their RNA virus determination real time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method; utilizing the same method that is accredited for swabs and animal specimen samples for other viruses.
NOSA’s labs are well positioned in the provinces where the demand for testing is the highest i.e. Gauteng and the Western Cape. These laboratories meet the current biosafety and biosecurity standards according to the OIE Standards for biological risks, and all testing takes place in a BSL2 testing environment which is a minimal requirement recommended by the World Health Organization.
NOSA Testing COVID-19 environmental PCR will assist South African business by:
- Reducing COVID-19 spread in population by verifying a clean environment
- Reducing the high probability of employees contracting COVID-19
- Working in conjunction with disinfectant efficacy projects
- Assisting businesses to reopen and reduce economic and social loss
How does NOSA Testing carry out COVID-19 analysis?
- Utilizing YOUSEQ COVID-19 Multiplex qPCR kit, imported directly from the UK
- NOSA Testing methodology of analysis shall provide two sets of results, namely:
- E gene which detects corona viruses (Envelope protein)
- S gene specific to COVID-19 (Spike protein)
- COVID-19 results shall be reported with 48 hours from date of receipt
For more information relating to sample analysis and fees, please contact:
+27 (0) 83 341 5045
+27 (0) 71 442 9418