Utilities & Energy
Utility companies working in the transmission, generation, and distribution of electricity, gas and water are dealing with an ever-increasing focus on sustainability, and pressure to be as ‘green’ as possible with all aspects of their operations.
They not only need to meet the demand for their services as efficiently as possible, but also need to set an example in terms of adopting and integrating sustainable technologies whilst ensuring the health and safety of their workforces.
Some of the EHS, ESG, and compliance challenges facing utilities companies may include:
- Acquiring and complying with necessary permits and licenses across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Gaining access to land, understanding the social impacts of their operations, and ascertaining where to channel development efforts
- Protecting the health and well-being of their employees, contractors, and communities
- Effectively managing any environmental impacts associated with water, waste, noise, biodiversity, energy, and emissions
- Reporting on their EHS, ESG and overall sustainability performance to a variety of investors, regulators, standards bodies, and stakeholders
The utilities facility lifecycle
Utilities facilities may consist of various interrelated phases which comprise their overall lifecycle. At each of these stages, utilities operations can benefit from one or many of our software solutions.
During the development and pre-construction phase, our software will facilitate the following:
• Record the details of all environmental impact assessments
• Record the details of interactions with local communities, and manage stakeholder engagements
• Identify material ESG indicators
Crucial solution modules
Our following software modules are important for managing the EHS and ESG performance of utilities companies.
Compliance with international EHS and sustainability standards
Use our software to measure performance against the following international safety standards:
- ISO 9001: Quality
ISO 14001: Environmental Management
- ISO 26001: Guidance on Social Responsibility
- ISO 31001: Risk Management
- ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety
Create a culture of continuous improvement
Use IsoMetrix software to measure and improve your utility company’s performance in the following areas:
- Environmental sustainability
- Employee health and safety
- Product quality
- Capability and service delivery
Want to see if our EHS or ESG management software is for you?
Discover more about our powerful digital solutions.