Este artículo sólo está disponible en inglés
On November 3 and 4, Resources for Africa will host the sixth edition of the annual Junior Indaba. Due to the continuing uncertainties resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s event will be held online for the first time.
The Junior Indaba, famous for its candid and straightforward discussions, will take an analytical view of both the state of play in South Africa and junior mining hot spots in other African countries. The key focus of discussions this year, will be the impact of COVID-19 on the junior mining sector with local and international experts sharing their perspectives. Latest trends in the political, economic and legislation landscapes will also be on the agenda.
Panel discussions will include deliberations from industry leaders on:
- The demand and future role of coal in African energy markets
- The impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Which commodities are hot this year
- How local and international investors view risks and challenges of junior mining
The conference provides an unmissable opportunity to gain detailed answers to critical industry questions such as:
- What is the potential of junior mining in terms of economic activity, GDP contribution and job creation?
- What is happening across Africa? Where is exploration taking place and investment flowing?
- What are the most appropriate funding vehicles for juniors? What financing options are available?
- Do we have clarity, consistency and stability in South African mining policy and legislation to attract investment?
The 2020 Junior Indaba will be chaired by Bernard Swanepoel. Confirmed speakers include Robert Cowley, Group CEO at Namakwa Diamonds; Luis Almeida, CEO at Sodim Group; Helen Pein, Director at Panex Resources; Charles Siwawa, CEO at Botswana Chamber of Mines; Errol Smart, Managing Director and CEO at Orion Minerals; Dr. Abdulrazaq Garba, Director General at Nigerian Geological Survey Agency and Bontle Aphane, CEO at Arnot Opco.
For more information on the speakers and the agenda for this conference, visit juniorindaba.com
IsoMetrix is a proud, long-standing gold sponsor of this highly regarded event. Visit IsoMetrix.com to find out more about how we can help junior miners with technological solutions to risk management.