Ominia chooses IsoMetrix for SHERQ
After an intensive selection process, Omnia Holdings Limited chose IsoMetrix for its SHERQ management system. Omnia required a superior solution with the ability to tightly integrate with other solutions within the Omnia environment. The company looked for a vendor with a strong reputation for operating as best practice service providers, and that could provide quality reference customers and strong integration capabilities.
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa, with operations across the globe|
|Year of implementation||2017|
|System users||2 000|
|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa, with operations in countries.|
|Year of Implementation||2017|
|System Users||2 000|
- To find a suitable replacement option for Achiever, the legacy system in use at the time.
- The emphasis in the selection process was the functional fit against the requirements of the SHERQ responsibilities.
- Technical issues specific to integration with the envisaged Omnia IT architecture were also considered.
Solutions and Modules
- Risk Management
- Incident Management
- Audits and Assessment
- Stakeholder Management
- Meetings and Action Management
- Permits and Approvals
- Emergency Preparedness
- Non-Conformance Management
- PPE and Safety Data Sheets
- Sustainability Reporting
- Customised Reports
- Interactive Dashboards
- Ease of use
- User friendly
- Good aesthetics
- Industry knowledge allowing pre-populated fields based on SHERQ aspects
- Interactive dashboards
- Ease of integration
Outclassing the competition
Omnia Holdings Limited is a diversified chemicals group with specialized services and solutions for the agriculture, mining and chemicals industries. Omnia had previously utilized various systems as well as manual Excel and paper-based systems for Safety, Health, Environment, Risk and Quality (SHERQ) management, which offered limited integration or visibility, and limited management functionality.
Omnia required an agile, easy-to-integrate software solution that could be customized to meet their processes and evolve with the business as future requirements changed. IsoMetrix met all the requirements.
During 2015 and 2016, Omnia sought to find a suitable SHERQ management system. Kavita Pema, General Manager: Group SHERQ at Omnia Holdings, explains candidates were selected based on:
- Their reputation and number of years operating as best practice software providers within the specified industry
- Number and quality of reference customers
- The quality of their demonstrated solutions and the ability to potentially integrate with other functionality/modules and systems within the Omnia environment.
Using the above criteria, six possible vendors were shortlisted. “Following several demonstrations and discussions it was agreed that the IsoMetrix software would best suit the needs of the SHERQ team,” says Pema.
IsoMetrix software was lauded for its ease of use and good aesthetics, providing a superior user experience. Omnia also praised the IsoMetrix team for their comprehensive industry knowledge and ability to create pre-populated fields based on SHERQ requirements.
Omnia plans to expand its IsoMetrix Integrated Management Solution to include:
- Enterprise Risk
- Business Continuity Management
- Occupational Health
- Food Safety
- Environmental Management
- Process Safety
This forms part of Omnia’s roadmap to implement a fully integrated Governance Risk and Compliance framework.