Golder UK, on behalf of The Examiners of Petitions for Private Bills of the House of Commons and the House of Lords, required a bespoke Stakeholder Management solution to capture the response of all stakeholders affected by the High Speed 2 Rail Project between Birmingham and London. Golder UK is an environmental consultancy specializing in earth, environment, and energy. They approached IsoMetrix as a result of a recommendation from Golder South Africa.
|Project||London High Speed 2|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Products and services||Provide independent consulting, design and construction services in specialist areas of earth, environment and energy|
|Number of employees||8 000|
- Implement centralized Stakeholder Management solution.
- Visual interpretation of consultation responses to highlight significant issues and patterns.
- Information management and security of data.
- Ability for a number of users to enter data simultaneously.
- Send summarized key reports to the The Examiners of Petitions for Private Bills of the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- The system needed to be approved and implemented within three weeks from date of the initial request.
- The client was remote from implementation team.
- Business requirements were very specific
- Very impressive response time. Phase 1 took three weeks from scoping to go-live and Phase 2 took only five days.
- IsoMetrix was able to develop and implement a bespoke solution addressing all of Golder UK’s requirements without needing to send any resources to the United Kingdom.
- Inexperienced users adapted quickly to the system.
- Advanced security levels in place
IsoMetrix Solutions & Modules
A bespoke Stakeholder Management solution that captures the response of all stakeholders affected by the High Speed 2 Rail Project between Birmingham and London.
- Recommendation from other IsoMetrix users within the company.
- The agility of the framework allowed the system to be configured within the short time frames available. Traditional bespoke development was impossible in the allocated time-frames.
- Visibility of the project and the responses of stakeholders through the QlikView dashboards enabled clear and concise reporting to Parliament.
Benefits of the IsoMetrix Stakeholder Management
- All communication from stakeholders can be captured and reported back to UK Parliament.
- Strict controls are in place that ensures no duplication of responses captured.
- Real time availability of all operational reports, dashboards, tables, graphs, charts, maps, and gauges.
- Constant monitoring and evaluation of new trends amongst stakeholders were possible throughout the duration of the project.
- The ease of use and speed at which the project was implemented ensured operational adoption.
- Data management and security.
- Dashboards show progress and identify trends and key issues effectively.
- The system keeps a record of the responses which come in, who they are allocated to, and how many have been logged.
High-speed lead times for high-speed rail project
Golder UK is an environmental consultancy specializing in earth, environment, and energy. They approached IsoMetrix as a result of a recommendation from Golder South Africa, one of IsoMetrix’s existing channel partners.
Golder UK had been tasked with implementing a system to capture the response of Stakeholders to the High Speed 2 Rail Project between London and Birmingham. They approached IsoMetrix on the 3rd of December 2013 with a request for a system that would be able to be implemented and go live by Christmas of the same year.
The project brief was to capture and monitor the responses of stakeholders in order for them to be reported back to the UK Parliament. All facets of the responses needed to be captured including the form of communication; the location of the area of concern; and the nature of the concern. In addition to this, strict controls had to be put in place ensuring that there was no duplication of responses captured.
“Three weeks—from initial request to implementation!” Lucille Hallowes, Chief Operating Officer, IsoMetrix
In the period of three weeks, three staff members from IsoMetrix developed and implemented a bespoke Stakeholder Management solution which was able to address all of Golder UK’s requirements without having to send any resources to the United Kingdom—the entire project was completed from South Africa.
The Golder consultants needed to be able to send summarized key reports, of stakeholders’ responses on the High Speed 2 project, to the UK Parliament. This facility was made available as well as numerous dashboards which include tables, graphs, charts, maps, and gauges.
Six weeks after implementation, 6 111 responses to the planned new railway had been received, and 5 145 had been logged by ten users.
The solution was piloted on the IsoMetrix-hosted server and then was subsequently moved to their own server in Europe for optimal speed. It will continue to be used for the duration of the High Speed 2 project, constantly monitoring and evaluating new trends which emerge from interaction with the stakeholders.
Lucille Hallowes, Chief Operating Officer of IsoMetrix and one of the three people responsible for the project, says, “The approach by Golder UK was a testament to our good relationship with their South African division. It was a perfect opportunity to demonstrate the absolute agility of our framework – this project would have taken other software providers months to develop. We are thrilled to be involved with this high profile project – the ultimate form of rail transport in the United Kingdom.”
IsoMetrix is a market leader in the development of software for Governance, Risk and Compliance. IsoMetrix has been deployed in a wide range of clients, from large corporations to smaller businesses.
The ability to rapidly implement complex Stakeholder Management systems, to provide customers with control over areas of governance, and to integrate disparate business systems, has led to IsoMetrix being widely recognized as a leading provider of management system applications and consulting services, including internal controls, content management, and business performance management.