QlikView / Sense BI Specialist – South Africa
|Job Title||QlikView / Sense BI Specialist|
|Reporting to||BI Development Team Lead|
|Date Advertised||9 January 2019|
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
IsoMetrix, a fast-growing South African company with international offices in North America and Australia, is a leading provider of software solutions for Governance, Risk and Compliance management and reporting.
We are looking for a QlikView and Qlik Sense BI Specialist with suitable qualifications and experience to join our dynamic and passionate team in an IT development environment.
The IsoMetrix DNA encompasses the following core values and behaviours:
- Own It!
- Do the right thing
- Embrace Ideas
- Win together
- Think Beyond
Main purpose of the job:
Development of QlikView and Qlik Sense dashboards related to Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) for our global operations.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of bespoke work in TSQL / C# / QlikView / Qlik Sense / SSIS
- Delivery against projects (internal and external) requirements
- Thorough unit testing of development work
- Engage with project managers, business – and test analysts, system consultants, developers and management in project work, team discussions and meetings
- Follow technical specifications and create technical specifications when necessary
- Manage own time
- Follow up on outstanding issues and tasks and the resolution thereof
- Scoping of client requirements
Minimum work experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with TSQL Development, BI tools, and C#
Minimum education and training:
- BSC Computer Science or relevant qualification
- Intermediate TSQL
- Latest versions of QlikView and Qlik Sense developer and designer qualification.
- Administration knowledge of SQL Server
- Good understanding of RESTFUL Web services / Web API’s / WCF Services & JSON
- Intermediate C#
- Intermediate SSRS, SSIS skills
Advantageous to have:
- Understanding of N-Tier systems: Presentation, application and database layers that form large systems.
- QlikView / QlikSense development
- Microsoft Certification.
- Good understanding of different development methodologies
- A fair understanding of PHP / MySQL
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Driven and quality conscious, high attention to detail, analytical, assertive, ability to multi-task.