The National Railway Safety Regulator Act requires South African network, train and station operators to have a safety permit. In order to obtain a Safety Permit the operator must demonstrate the existence of a comprehensive Safety Management System (SMS) to comply with the provisions of the Railway Safety Management Regulations (2004) and the South African National Standard: Railway Safety Management; Part 1: General (SANS 3000-1/RSR 001).
Every network, train and station operator is required to demonstrate the implementation of an effective safety management system (SMS) based on the requirements of SANS 3000-1: 2005.
What we offer – A Solution on the IsoMetrix Software Platform
- Knowledge of the National Railway Regulator Act, No. 16 of 2002 - amendments and new Regulations
- Development and implementation of a Railway Safety Management System built on the IsoMetrix Software Platform
- Assistance with Legal and Functional written Appointments
- Development of a Company Policy as well as the Procedural Manual
- Development of a Railway Safety Plan to demonstrate compliance with the Act and with SANS 3000-1:2005,
- Assistance with NRSR Quarterly Reports
- Assistance with the Annual safety Improvement Plan
- Assistance with initial and on-going NRSR Risk Assessments
- Assistance with Serious Railway Incident (Disabling Injuries) Investigations