Job title: Test Analyst
Reporting to: Executive Head: Programme Manager
Location: Fourways, Johannesburg
Position type: Permanent
Date advertised: 6 December 2016
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Market related
Metrix Software Solutions is a fast-growing International software company playing a leading role in solutions for Governance Risk and Compliance. Metrix is looking to grow its current team of client project test analysts.
The appointed test analyst will be responsible for testing client implementations through the various phases of configuration, BI development, System Integration Testing (SIT) and UAT resolution. The candidate will be dealing with all aspects of testing including quality assurance of build, user experience of the software and full functional testing. Our objective is to improve the quality of our project implementations and our test team plays a leading role within this process.
Necessary skills, education and requirements:
- Tertiary Qualification (IT related)
- ISTQB Foundation/Practical Software Testing
Additional skills and experience:
Intermediate level with at least 3 year’s software testing experience in a similar environment.
- Good understanding of the STLC
- Experience with extracting requirements and designing Test Cases
- Understanding Defect Management; experience with any defect tracking and software release tracking systems an advantage.
- Familiar with different types of Testing Methodologies.
- Must have strong communication and time management skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Positive attitude, team player and hard worker.
- Someone who is willing to learn, stay calm under pressure and has ability to multitask.
- Deadline orientated and ability to work within budgets.