Job title: Sustainability Subject Matter Specialist
Department: Business Development
Reporting to: Product Strategy Director
Location: Fourways, Johannesburg
Position type: Permanent
Date advertised: 30 January 2017
Start date: 1st of March or earlier
Salary: Market related
Number of vacancies: 1
Metrix, a fast-growing South African company with international offices in North America and Australia, is a leading provider of software solutions for Governance, Risk and Compliance management and reporting.
We are looking for someone with suitable environmental and/or social sustainability qualifications and experience with a passion for systems to complement our existing Business Development and Subject Matter Specialist team. The position would involve local and international travel.
- Conduct ongoing research and development to enhance our integrated sustainability suite of software solutions.
- Facilitate client scoping workshops to extract client business requirements in the areas of environmental and social sustainability during solution implementation projects.
- Engage with corporate sustainability executives on social and environmental sustainability.
- Provide thought leadership on social and environmental sustainability (articles, blogs, seminars, lectures, panels etc.)
Minimum qualification and experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in environmental or social sustainability, or HSE 5 years’+ experience in HSE or sustainability.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant standards, legislation and reporting requirements.
- Experience in designing or implementing HSE or sustainability software solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail is essential in addition to multi-tasking ability.
- Confident and ability to work both with clients and collaborate with internal team members.
- Demonstrate strong leadership/influencer skills